Oftentimes a special book can have an impact on our lives in a way that no other communication media can.
This is a growing list of books of which I am confident in recommending to fellow wives searching for strong Bible-based marriage-enriching content:
- The Holy Bible, King James Version (KJV)
- The Adventure of Being a Wife, by Mrs. Ruth Peale / Mrs. Norman Vincent Peale ISBN: 978-0130139467
- Secrets of Staying in Love, by Ruth Stafford Peale ISBN: 978-0840759108
Wives & Mothers Christian Guidance Booklist:
- It’s A Good Thing Children Are a Treasure:… They’ve Broken All My Other Ones (52 Devotions) ISBN: 1470713489
CLEAN Fiction for Pleasure Reading:
- The Piano Girl, by ISBN: 1511793430
- The Centurion’s Wife, by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn ISBN: 0764205145
If you have a treasured book that has created a profound positive impact on your married life, please share the title with me in a comment below. I would love to read it myself and add it to this list of recommended readings!
I highly recommend using a King James Version Bible for your daily spiritual needs. However, I recognize, that the English used in the King James Version can be hard to understand.
“The King James Bible Companion” is a wonderful little booklet. It defines over 500 archaic words used throughout the old and new testament. Written by David W. Daniels, ISBN: 780758904003, the booklets are available for .55c – .85c each (depending on the volume you order) at http://www.milestonebooks.com. The link to the actual booklets is: http://www.milestonebooks.com/item/15-1007/
I encourage you to order a few for your family and keep one tucked inside each of your Bibles. You might even order extras to hand out to those God places in your path. If you are currently challenged financially and cannot make the order, but would like one for personal use, please contact me and I will be glad to send you one (free of any charge or obligation) to assist you in your spiritual journey.