55 Days To Christmas! is a cultural social movement encouraging individual Christians of all denominations(or no denomination) to utilize October 31st as a unique opportunity to share God’s love.
- in posting 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” on your home/business and enacting one of the next two primary Love-sharing strategies:
2. Preparing and handing out candy, toys, and tracts to trick-or-treaters that lets them know that God loves them, shares the truth about halloween’s origins and encourages celebrating the day as 55 days to Christ’s birth.
3. Conducting a mini Christmas fair in your (or a fellow member’s) front yard on October 31st, which shares God’s love with your community through Christ-based toys, prizes, and goodie bags.
We are not averse to all costumes, but do not accept any costume designed to inspire fear, darkness, or evil-doing, as these are not of our Lord.
- We encourage all members to invite their friends, families, acquaintances, church members, or others to join us (formally or informally) in our movement to spread Love and Truth each October 31st.
- As the world is moved to come to our doors demanding, “trick or treat!”, we commit to fully embrace this unique once-a-year opportunity to share the greatest treat of all: the message of God’s love and forgiveness, which is exemplified in just 55 more days with the celebration of Christ’s birth.
We also encourage creativity. If you have a unique idea of how to enact one or both of our two primary strategies, please share! Effective ways of sharing Christ’s gift are as unique as the people we wish to share with.
To share ideas and successes, please post here or come join us on Facebook at: